Obesity Is a Major Global Problem
xxz that affects people from all areas of life. They try a variety of methods to lose weight. But, some stubborn fat patches in various parts of the body will not go away. Treatment options include diet and exercise, and medication, but these are all unsuccessful. Gastric balloon placement in Dubai Then they decide on surgical procedures such as gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy. But, not everyone is a good candidate for these more intrusive procedures. And many people prefer a less invasive option.
A gastric balloon is a non-surgical, temporary weight loss therapy. In which a deflated silicone balloon is inserted into the stomach through the mouth. After that, the balloon is filled with a sterile saline solution. To take up space in the stomach and limit the amount of food that may be consumed. But, before the operation, you should consider. How Painful are Gastric Balloons in Dubai? Here is the complete information.
What Is a Gastric Balloon?
It is a non-invasive weight loss surgery. That involves inserting a silicone balloon into the stomach. It helps to restrict the amount of food and make you fuller. A deflated balloon will insert through the mouth into the stomach. And then inflate it with a sterile saline solution until it reaches the appropriate size. The treatment helps to make you feel full faster. And lower your food consumption, thereby assisting you in losing weight. The balloon will remain in place for 6 to 12 months. And the treatment works under conscious sedation. Which means you will be awake but comfortable during the surgery. It is not a cure-all, to achieve the best outcomes. But you need to make adjustments by eating a nutritious diet and exercising on a regular basis.
What Is the Preparation of the Treatment?
Preparing for a gastric balloon treatment entails a few steps. It helps to verify your readiness and decreases the chance of problems. The following are the pre-operative guidelines:
- Before the treatment, you will undergo a complete medical examination. It will help establish whether the gastric balloon is the best option for you.
- A physical examination, blood tests, and a review of your medical history.
- You may need to stop taking some medications, like blood thinners.
- It helps to lessen the risk of bleeding. Your doctor will tell you which medications to stop and when.
- You may need to follow a clear liquid diet before the treatment.
- It will help to empty your stomach. And also lower the chance of complications during the procedure.
- If you smoke, you should stop several weeks before the treatment.
- Because smoking slows down the healing process and increases the chance of problems.
You can make sure you’re ready for your gastric balloon surgery. And you can also increase your chances of success by following these steps.
How does the Treatment Work?
The treatment is very effective for obesity. Because it helps overcome the extra weight. Gastric balloon surgery is done in a hospital or an outpatient clinic. The treatment consists of the following steps:
- The expert will administer sedation before the treatment.
- It will help you relax and reduce discomfort.
- During the process, you will be awake but will not experience any discomfort.
- An endoscope will help to deflate the gastric balloon into your stomach.
- Through your mouth with the devices.
- Then the balloon will be filled with a sterile saline solution via a tiny tube.
- This treatment time depends on the applicant’s condition.
- And takes between 20 and 30 minutes.
- The endoscope is then removed, as is the tubing that connects the balloon to the catheter.
- The connection to the inflation device will disconnect and be sealed.
- The balloon is then left in place for 6 to 12 months.
- The expert will inform you about the treatment aftercare.
What is the Aftercare of the Treatment?
It is critical to adhere to aftercare to guarantee a safe and effective outcome. The following are some important milestones in the aftercare process:
- You must consume a liquid diet after the treatment.
- It helps to allow your stomach to recover and acclimate to the balloon.
- Start with clear liquids, such as protein shakes, soups, and broths.
- After a few days, you can begin to reintroduce solid foods into your diet.
- But you must be careful to chew and consume to avoid discomfort or blockages.
- The treatment is not a miracle weight loss cure.
- It is also necessary to adopt lifestyle adjustments.
- The procedure is very effective for obesity control and weight loss.
- This could include adopting dietary adjustments and increasing physical exercise.
- And also figuring out how to deal with stress and emotional eating.
You can improve your chances of successful treatment by following these aftercare instructions.
Is the Treatment Painful?
It is a question among individuals considering gastric balloon surgery. The level of discomfort and agony connected with the operation can vary. But for the most part, it is tolerable. It’s crucial to remember that everyone is different. And also, your amount of pain or discomfort may differ from others. You can reduce discomfort and get the most out of treatment by talking to your doctor. And also following the aftercare recommendations. It is a safe and successful method of assisting people in losing weight. While there may be some discomfort or suffering involved with the surgery. Most patients find that the advantages far surpass any momentary discomfort.
What is the Cost of the treatment?
The Cost of a Gastric Balloon Placement in Dubai is affordable. It ranges from AED 15,000 to AED 22,000. It’s easier to estimate the cost by considering the state of the body. And also the type of results desired. The expense of the treatment depends on many factors. The following key factors can influence the cost:
- The ability of the surgeon to perform the treatment.
- The condition of the applicants.
- The location of the clinic.
- The need for candidates.
What Are The Benefits And Side Effects Of The Treatment?
People suffering from obesity and other health concerns can benefit from the procedure. At the same time, like with any medical operation. It may result in some negative effects. Here’s a closer look at the gastric balloon’s advantages and disadvantages:
- The treatment can help people shed a lot of weight.
- The method works by limiting the amount of food you can eat.
- It allows you to lose weight.
- The surgery lost an average of 10-15% of their body weight in clinical trials.
- By assisting patients in losing weight.
- The operation can also enhance a person’s health.
- It can help with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and type 2 diabetes.
- Unlike other weight loss operations, this surgery is non-surgical.
- It has fewer risks and a shorter recovery period.
- The procedure is reversible, the balloon can be withdrawn at any moment if necessary.
- Some people may feel nausea and vomit after the surgery.
- The stomach becomes accustomed to the gastric balloon.
- The gastric balloon can be uncomfortable.
- It takes up space in your stomach and limits the quantity of food you can eat.
- It can cause discomfort and bloat.
- These symptoms are transient and disappear within a few days.
- Some persons may develop constipation or diarrhoea as a result of the surgery.
- The balloon is filled with saline solution, it can deflate or leak in rare situations.
- It can cause stomach discomfort and demand balloon removal.