It is a fact that providing insurance coverage is a business and an insurance company will always want to avoid loss of money. Due to this reason, your insurance claim for gun charge will be denied. At the same time, you are aware that you deserve to be paid during your emergency requirement, such as gun or weaponry charges. Therefore, you would want to hire a Gun charge lawyer to fight and win the case legally. Now, there are certain preparations that you need before you contact the lawyer. It makes things easier for you and the lawyer to couple up and stand firm to your point in the court. The write-up talks about these points.
Following are the points that you need to do right after you have faced gun or weaponry charge:
- Inform your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Note down the contact information of the witnesses.
- Go through your insurance policy thoroughly.
- Jot down everything that is discussed during the process of your claim and the denial.
- Have yourself all the legal documents related to your gun charge.
When you are done performing these duties, you are prepared to contact the Gun charge lawyer/Attorney. Provide all the information to your lawyer and follow their advocacy regarding the case. Amidst this, you must also remember to not make certain common mistakes.
In order to convert the denial to approval, you must never do the following:
- Never admit your fault.
- Never look to negotiate directly with the lawkeepers and the insurer.
- Do not ever accept the estimate that your insurer provides you with, which is generally a huge reduction of the value as compared to your claim.
- Do not ever sign a settlement document before consulting with your lawyer.
Once you have checked these, you are finally ready to counter the denial, having your lawyer by your side. You can let the lawyer do all the talking, as they would know the laws and would be able to turn the denial around and convert your claim into approval.
At the Law Offices of Eugene Fimbianti, P.C., we have extensive experience handling gun charges. If you are arrested for a gun charge, contact us to schedule a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation. We will answer your questions and give you an honest and accurate assessment of what you can expect from the legal system.